Our picks for Five Favorites this month might surprise you but you will thank us!
Every month I look forward to writing about our favorites! It gives me a chance to look back on the things we’ve recently
discovered and the opportunity to share with you all.
Some of our picks this month may surprise you but find out more about each selection below and see why we’ve chosen it as a favorite..
1. Netflix Original, “Salt Falt Acid Heat”: A friend of Loren’s turned her on to this series. We both love reading cookbooks as books, understanding the “why” behind things, and watching most anything food/entertaining related. This series is so interesting! Chef and food writer Samin Nosrat (of famed Chez Panisse) travels the world exploring the four basic keys to wonderful cooking, serving up feasts and helpful tips along the way. Watch the series in order if possible! We’re so excited to try some of the final recipes she creates.
2. Fat Tire evening bike tour of the monuments in Washington, DC: Recently my husband and I were in DC with our youngest and took this tour. It was amazing. The weather was perfect, the bike ride way easy and monuments were incredible to view and tour in the evening. One of my favorite things we did and a “must” if you are in DC.
3. Graffiti Belt: Still one of my absolute favorite things to wear with skirts, pants or dresses! Be on the lookout for our Fall/Winter version.
4. Marpac Rohm Portable White Noise Machine: My husband and I have been doing some traveling lately and we like to sleep with a white noise machine. Hotel rooms are either way too quiet or way too noisy and we have been desperate to replicate our sleeping environment at home. This week I found this little beauty and it is the perfect travel companion. It is rechargeable, easy to use and small enough to fit in your toiletry bag.
5. Zadig & Voltaire’s High Flash Lurex Sneakers: Loren and I are both obsessed with these high-top sneakers! Our good friends at Elston premiered their amazing mobile shoe store last week and, among their perfectly curated collection of shoe options, these were our favorites.
Leave a Reply